ICR Travel Grant for Younger Museum Professionals
ICR Travel Grant for Younger Museum Professionals – New Guideline!
APPLY by 30 JUNE 2017
To encourage younger colleagues to participate in ICR’s activities, we announce one (1) travel grant of €1000 or two of €500 to support the attendance of younger museum professionals at ICR’s 2017 conference. As of the 2017 ICOM IC Advisory, the definition of “young museum professionals” is now up to age 40.
The grant must be used to assist with economy airfare and/or accommodation.
The applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a member of ICOM in good standing – providing their ICOM membership number
- Be 40 years old or younger at 1 July 2017
- Provide a statement of 150-300 words explaining why they wish to participate in the ICR Annual Conference and listing the other sources of funding to cover their attendance
The successful candidate(s) are required to:
- Make a presentation in English at the conference relating to the conference theme – for details see the Call for Papers
- Write a short report on their experience for the ICR newsletter by 30 October 2017
- Report to colleagues in their home country about their experience, providing a copy of any presentation or written account to ICR
Applications should be sent with a Curriculum Vitae, ICOM membership number, and statement of 150-300 with a covering letter explaining your case for support to Orit Shamir at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 June 2017
All applicants will be informed by 15 July 2017.
Successful applicant(s) will be announced on the ICR website.
The ICR Board members hope that the successful candidate(s) will find the ICR Annual Conference in Finland interesting and enjoy the opportunity to meet ICR members. They be encouraged to continue the relationship by becoming actively involved with ICR.